The Spring 2014 Term pre-registration form for participants (individuals who want to improve their English conversational skills) is now available.
If you want to be a participant in the program in the Spring 2014 Term, please fill it out and then attend a registration session during the week of February 10th. Click on this link to fill out the online form: http://studentvoice.com/uom-cp/esolspr14preregistration
Our newsletter for the Fall 2013semester has been published. You can see it here. Thank for all those who wrote articles and took pictures for this as well as our intern Aggie who put it together.
Do you want to:
- broaden your international horizons?
- develop your communication skills?
- make an impact on other peoples’ lives?
- have a chance to learn another language?
Become a volunteer for the UMD ESOL Conversation Program in the Spring Term!
What you would do in the program
· Volunteer once a week to help those who wish to improve their English conversation skills in a large group (up to 8 participants), small group (up to two participants) or one-on-one setting.
· Topics may include cultures, current events and other interests. You can choose and personalize your conversation sessions!
· No teaching experience required but a strong interest in working with the international population is required (guidelines and tips will be provided)
· Fill out the online pre-registration form http://studentvoice.com/mcp/esolvolpreregsp14
· Attend a one hour registration/information session Feb. 3th, 4th or 5th
· Sessions begin the week of February 24th
For more program information
· Please visit our webpage http://www.counseling.umd.edu/AS/html/esolconvprog.html (you can search for “ESOL conversation program” at www.umd.edu)
For further information
· Please contact ESOL conversation program coordinator: Adam Lax (Office number- 301-314-5919, E-mail address - email@example.com)