- broaden your international horizons?
- develop your communication skills?
- make an impact on other peoples’ lives?
- have a chance to learn another language?
Become a volunteer for the UMD ESOL Conversation Program in the Spring Term!
What you would do in the program
· Volunteer once a week to help those who wish to improve their English conversation skills in a large group (up to 8 participants), small group (up to two participants) or one-on-one setting.
· Topics may include cultures, current events and other interests. You can choose and personalize your conversation sessions!
- there are also opportunities for learning Mandarin Chinese
· No teaching experience required but a strong interest in working with the international population is required (guidelines and tips will be provided)
· Fill out the online pre-registration form http://studentvoice.com/mcp/esolvolpreregsp14
· Attend a one hour registration/information session Feb. 3th, 4th or 5th
· Sessions begin the week of February 24th
For more program information
· Please visit our webpage http://www.counseling.umd.edu/AS/html/esolconvprog.html (you can search for “ESOL conversation program” at www.umd.edu)
For further information
· Please contact ESOL conversation program coordinator: Adam Lax (Office number- 301-314-5919, E-mail address - firstname.lastname@example.org)